Ponder Haven
Food. Travel. Random Thoughts.

Review: Tans Guesthouse Room 9

Label(s): , , , , ; Posted By Ry

When in Boracay, one of the my well recommended budget guesthouses to stay is Tans Guesthouse (TGH). This is where I stayed during my 2010, 2011 Boracay trips, and also for the first two nights of my 2012 Boracay vacation.

 

Reservation can be done through e-mail or phone. But the same as before, it was a pain to get in touch with them through e-mail. It took several hours for someone to reply, and most of the times even days. So I was forced to just call them through the mobile number posted on their website – www.tghboracay.com – just to get a room. By the way, 50% down payment is required to be paid through bank deposit a week upon reservation. Reserved room gets released otherwise.

 

TGH is located in Station 2 near D’ Mall where most of the actions are happening (food tripping, clubbing). It’s not a beach front property but is just around a 30-second walk to the shore. The alley where you need to walk to going to/from the guest house is well lit and is actually a compound rather than a walkway so it feels very safe to pass by even at night. There is also a security guard manning the compound 24 hours a day. By the way, they also have an Annex Building which is newer and has brighter aura. It’s a bit farther than the main building though – like a 60 to 90-second walk to the shore.

 

I was with my high school friends on the first three days of this trip but I opted to have my own room. I was assigned at Room 9 (Single Deluxe) of the main building which has one double size bed and is actually good for two persons. The published rate of the room on TGH’s website is P2,500 but I was able to haggle it down to just P1,500 being a loyal guest.

my simple air conditioned room for the next two nights
it’s a bit small but no issue for me since I was just alone in the room

 

Other room amenities include TV (w/ cable), personal refrigerator, towel, and hot and cold shower at bathroom. There’s also free wi-fi although there were a few times that I had trouble connecting to internet. By the way, the towel, bed sheet and pillow case can be replaced everyday by request. I also had my room cleaned every morning by an attendant.

 

Breakfast was served at their roof deck which is on the 4th floor. It was no buffet anymore unlike my two previous stay at TGH though. You can choose from a variety of silog (viand + fried rice + egg) meals from longanisa, hotdog, bangus (milkfish), corned beef, tocino, chicken hotdog, tapa and luncheon meat. Meals were served with coffee.

tapsilog (cured beef + fried rice + egg)

 

tocino (sugar-cured pork strips + fried rice + egg)

 

Tans Guesthouse roof deck; good morning Boracay :)

 

TGH is no hotel but I would say the price is so hard to beat considering the amenities and location for an affordable rate. I would highly recommend this guesthouse for those travelling on a budget who want a comfortable place to lay themselves at night without too much luxurious amenities. Again, it’s not a beach front property but I would say the location is strategic enough; just have some patience in placing your reservation if you’re doing it via e-mail.

 

Tans Guesthouse
Station 2, Boracay
Mobile: (0920) 920 2481 / (0917) 7234570
E-mail: tgh_bora@yahoo.com
YM: tgh_bora
Website: www.tghboracay.com

 

This review of Tans Guesthouse (Room 9) was during my 2012 Boracay trip. Click here for my full review of Tans Guesthouse (Room 6) where I stayed during my 2011 Boracay trip.

 

0 non-violent reaction so far.

Post a comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...